The Healing Collective
Terms and Conditions:
The term ‘The Healing Collective’, ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are wherever possible acknowledged on the website.
- All images on this site are either a unique design and are intellectually protected under copyright law to The Healing Collective and/or Yan Tan. Other images which may appear on the site have all been sourced from Google image searches using the generic search term ‘ royalty free images of………’ and the source of the image is verified wherever possible to its source. Where this is not possible, we ask that the licence holder of the image contacts us and we shall not hesitate to remove the image immediately and apologise for any unintended inconvenience.
- Unauthorised use, copying, screen-printing and/or storage on third-party devices of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may create a link to this website from another appropriate/related website or document.
- The names ‘Healing Collective’ is a registered trading name. This name must not be used or associated with Independant / third-party use without the express written permission of us. Intellectual copyright applies in all cases and breaches of UK copyright law will be dealt with appropriately.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.
0845 Telephone number information
Calling our 0845 number from a UK landline, unless included in your phone package, you will be charged 4p per minute peak times (7am to 7pm weekdays) and 1p per minute off peak times (evenings after 6pm and weekends). The cost of calls from mobile phones will be dependent on your provider.
The Healing Collective is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. We may change this policy by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st February 2015 and was updated 25 May 2018 in accordance with new legislation – General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Policy [top]
Who are we?
A group of individual therapists comprising:
Elizabeth Anne Carter – Reiki, Bach Remedies, Counselling, Emotional Freedom Techniques, Indian Head Massage
Sandy Campbell – Psychotherapy and Counselling
Jeanie Emmerson – Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy
The Healing Collective, Coach House, Swinithwaite, Leyburn, North Yorkshire, DL8 4UH
For general enquiries we can be reached at email@example.com
What data do we collect and how is it stored?
If you choose to come for therapeutic sessions with one of the therapists you will be asked to provide your personal case history which includes name, date of birth, contact details, current health and well being information and medical and social history. This is collected through a form during your first session. Throughout the course of your session the therapist will keep case notes. This information is kept only as a paper copy and stored in a locked filing cabinet belonging to each individual therapist and no therapist has access to any filing cabinet not belonging to them.
We do not store any information in a digital form except for contact details which are stored in our respective password protected devices in case we need to contact you about changes to session times or dates.
We do not send out newsletters and we do not have or store a database of e mail addresses.
Why do we collect this information?
The therapists keep note to monitor the progress of the clients’ sessions. This information is kept strictly confidential and secure. The therapists will keep this information for 7 years from the date of the last session for an adult or up to the age of 21 + 7 years for a child or for 15 years rather than 7 in the case of a child or adult who lacks capacity. After this time your information will be destroyed.
Who will this information be shared with?
The therapists will not share your information without your consent. The therapists will maintain your confidentiality unless they are required to disclose your information by law. The therapists are bound by the professional Code of Ethics of their respective associations.
Please look at the therapists individual web pages for details of their governing bodies.
You can make a request to see what personal information your therapist holds of yours and your therapist will respond to this request within a reasonable time (1 month). You can request these things at any time by writing to the therapist at the practice address. If you require any further information on how the therapists use and store your data please do not hesitate to contact us. Should you wish to contact the Information Commissioners Office, more details can be found on their website here: www.ico.org.uk/concerns
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st March 2018.
What we may collect always with your permission
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
Outgoing e-mails sent by The Healing Collective may be recorded for internal security, anti-virus , anti-spam and staff training purposes. All outgoing e-mails are scanned for viruses.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new features, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form or e-mail on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please e-mail email@example.com
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by www.healingcollective.co.uk and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of The Healing Collective. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, we takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
This website and its content is copyright © The Healing Collective. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the trading names and/or contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- You may print or download to a local hard disk extracts (a fair and reasonable amount) for your personal and non-commercial use only.
- You may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge www.healingcollective.co.uk as the source of the material.
- The registered trading names, layout, graphics and design on www.healingcollective.co.uk should not be copied for use on other websites.
- Photographs should not be copied from www.healingcollective.co.uk to another website without our permission.
- We would would rather you ASK BEFORE YOU TAKE? You can make a request by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Copyrighted material on www.healingcollective.co.uk belonging to third parties will, wherever possible, be credited and linked.
If you believe that we have infringed on YOUR copyright, in the first instance, please e-mail email@example.com with the details. If it transpires that we have mistakenly infringed your copyright, we shall remove the item immediately with a full, unreserved apology.
You may not, except with our written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
We operate a ‘fair and reasonable’ policy. Please respect this and ask for more information if you are in any doubt as to whether you may be using information found on www.healingcollective.co.uk inappropriately or without permission.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
How we protect your data
What data breach procedures we have in place
What third parties we receive data from
What automated decision making and/or profiling we do with user data
Industry regulatory disclosure requirements